Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: more segfaults on Redhat 6.x when passing "/proc/misc" as a parameter

From: Pekka Savola <pekkas () netcore fi>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:51:33 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Dr. Peter Bieringer wrote:

--On Dienstag, 29. Oktober 2002 08:26 +0200 Pekka Savola
<pekkas () netcore fi> wrote:

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Day Jay wrote:
Hi, "more" segfaults when you pass "/proc/misc" to it
as a parameter. This happens on my Redhat 6.0 and my
Redhat 6.2 box. More is setuid root. See below:
[...]

This appears to be very bogus.  'more' is never setuid unless you made it
so...

I didn't manage to segfaul 'more' on RHL62 box either..

But me here as "root" and as a normal user.
Using kernel-2.2.22-6.2.2 with openwall patch and libsafe-1.3
Tested on 2 systems.

BTW: cat and less are ok.

Oh, that's something caused by the kernel upgrade.

--

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html