Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: (no subject)

From: "Euan Briggs" <euan_briggs () btinternet com>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 12:31:06 -0500

Think about the people you think you know online. This is the only
hint I will give you. Think about the timing of all of this. Think
about the new Office of Homeland Security. Think about the $200M+
SAIC contract with the NSA. Think about the failure of the NIPC,
and the political reasons (and I mean real politics, not this phony
blackhat/whitehat stuff) behind shutting down full disclosure,
consolidating cliques, and inciting new activity in the
underground. Do real blackhats really act this way? Think about why
the original progenitors of all this have already left. Think about
why certain people have been fired, or sent away, or have been
behaving the way they are to attract attention, your friendship,
and your trust. Think about why and how certain people have been
busted, or have disappeared silently. Think about what they have
told others.

This is a very interesting point indeed. Are these young,
impressionable, idealistic second-generation blackhats vulnerable to
political manipulation? I have already stated that I don't think
their agenda has a positive impact on the real blackhat scene.
Infact, it provides the perfect, visible justification for the
lock-down of the internet and the supression of people who, if they
truly did have malicious intentions, could be a very real and
significant threat to the electronic infrastructure which we now all
depend on. Governments must be jumping with joy at the actions of
PHC, with their heavy handed paranoid legislation etc just waiting
for this kind of justification. You just need to look at the USA
Governments new TIA (total information awareness) plan, to see how
paranoid they have become about the intellectual freedom and
communication that the internet puts in peoples hands. The internet
is an enormous threat to the control the media and governments have
exercised successfully on the population throughout the 20th century,
and threatens to unlock the mental chains which keeps the population
under control of those in power.

The fact that someone kick-started PHC and then seemed to dissapear,
certainly makes me a little suspicious. The fact that their agenda is
actually detrimental to the original blackhat movement also makes me
supicious. The fact that they don't seem to have any real coherent
argument makes me suspicious.

The real blackhat movement is unrepresented, it operates in the
shadows. It doesn't take much for someone to stand up and claim to
represent it, and there is no reason why real blackhats would.

No doubt some of you are now thinking "conspiracy theorist wacko!",
and to you I say check out the following site :
http://www.cointel.org . I am not suggest PHC are government spooks
or whatever, but I think it is entirely feasible that they could have
been unwittingly manipulated by external forces, and this is a
possibility which should not be immediately discounted as paranoia.

In the post 11/09 environment, serious change is afoot and people
need to have their wits about them. You should not be suckered into
thinking that the government doesn't care about the effects of the
internet.

Euan

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html