Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Security Update: [CSSA-2002-032.0] Linux: temporary file races in libmm

From: full-disclosure () lists netsys com (Anthony DeRobertis)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:44:50 -0400

On Wednesday, July 31, 2002, at 07:59 , Guy Cohen wrote:

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 06:20:54PM -0700, security () caldera com wrote:
To: bugtraq () securityfocus com announce () lists caldera com
security-alerts () linuxsecurity com full-
disclosure () lists netsys com

Isn't this list moderated?

I don't think so. Especially considering how quick your message
went through the list reflector. And especially with the
statement from the list home page: "We will try to operate this
list without moderation, as we feel moderation is an impediment
to communication."

Why do all vendors suddenly want to spam us with tons of *useless*
advisories,

Well, if you were running Caldera it wouldn't be that useless.
Or if you didn't already read the message on bugtraq/caldera's
announce list/etc.

And, of course, according to the list home page, the message is
on topic:
     "This list is dedicated to full disclosure of any and all security
      issues. Please feel free to discuss anything related to security."