Full Disclosure mailing list archives

default list reply-to: address

From: full-disclosure () lists netsys com (martin f krafft)
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:56:41 +0200

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

also sprach Roland Postle <mail () blazde co uk> [2002.07.17.0344 +0200]:
For what it's worth, I prefer it that way. With the exception of
securityfocus' lists, all the mailing lists I'm on do it that way. It's w=
hat
I'm used to, and, since the majority of replies go to the list not the
individual who wrote the original post, it makes sense.

Which is why proper mail clients handle this appropriately. In Mutt,
I press 'r' to reply to the author, 'l' to reply to the list, and 'g'
to reply to both. Obviously this breaks when Reply-To is set...

Anyway, I give you this to read:

The [Full-Disclosure] in the subject (that someone else objected to) I li=
ke
as well, but I don't have such good reasons. I just like it.

It wastes bandwidth and doesn't add information that you couldn't add
on the client-side. I am opposed.

--=20
=20
quantum mechanics: the dreams stuff is made of.

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z--