Full Disclosure mailing list archives

iName/Mail.com security holes opens door to millions of e-mail accounts

From: full-disclosure () lists netsys com (Andrew G. Tereschenko)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 14:50:52 +0300

Thanks Colt for a note,

It was fixed by replacing body to xbody tag.
But the game still runs.

It takes for me 6 minutes to invent another example of this bug.
Not a 100% result, expected ~30%.
It's an extremly easy to cut navigation items from down of page
by using unclosed comments.
Inserting own (linked to evil host) is a one minute task.

Current sample will work in case if user will use
group of buttons located at the down of email.

I think a lot of other samples can be used.
Mail.com failed to correctly show html attachements.

Nobody is perfect,
--
Andrew G. Tereschenko
TAG Software Research Lab