Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Exploits Contributor Program

From: full-disclosure () lists netsys com (Larry W. Cashdollar)
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:22:26 -0400 (EDT)

Greetingz again,

1. We _are_ serious.  Very serious.  While our offer was written to
poke fun at iDefense's offer, we are definitely not joking.  And if
US$1000+ seems too high to believe, that's because

    (a) you and your research have been taken for granted from all
    around so far,

    (b) you're too easily satisfied by iDefense's offer, or

    (c) you just like PayPal.

2. Obviously, iMoolah is not the real name of our company.  And yes,
it is hosted on a free web site, using a free e-mail address, and all
the usual anonymity shebang.  But that's for a couple of reasons:

    (a) we don't want to reveal the true identity of our company,
    and registering a domain name, getting it securely hosted on
    astalavista.com, etc, wouldn't help, and

    (b) this program was set up in response to iDefense's offer,
    which we felt we had to counter quickly in order to retain
    our competitive edge. If we had had more time (and we still
    might), I could have cajoled my next door neighbor into
    registering the name for me, called in that favor from my friend
    in Russia who's got a web server, etc., etc.

3. To those who've responded to us so far -- we'll be getting in
touch with you. =)  For those who haven't, you could always wait for
the others to write in later telling you how their bank accounts have
suddenly grown a bit -- if they decide to let you on, of course.

4. For those of you who aren't able to or don't want to download our
PGP public key from our website, it's now available on the normal
keyservers.  What a bother.

How do I claim my $1000.00 gain to the IRS from an anonymous company?  If
you don't trust me to know who you are, how can I trust you to pay me?
You have to remember all of the people on this list are pretty paraniod.

=)