IDS mailing list archives

RE: Re: OSSEC and Windows messages

From: "Josh Little" <josh () zombietango com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 09:58:19 -0400

Can you post an example of a rule you are writing? One thing I have found is
that, especially on Windows systems messages, I have to explicitly mark
whitespace as \s+ instead of just leaving it as is. Though, to be fair, this
is typically when monitoring messages received through SNARE/syslog and not
the OSSEC agent. Also, are you looking to warn on a specific string/match or
filter out false positives?

ZT