IDS mailing list archives

Re: CSLID evasion - Client protection

From: "Stuart Staniford" <sstaniford () FireEye com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:34:17 -0700

I don't think you have a prayer of dealing with javascript attacks without either writing or using some kind of javascript parser. Some people work with

http://www.mozilla.org/js/spidermonkey/

However, increasingly we see code being in between non script HTML tags and then being manipulated from within the javascript accessing the browser DOM tree. So you pretty much have to parse HTML too.

Stuart.