IDS mailing list archives

RE: IPS - Cisco vs. McAfee vs. Tippingpoint

From: David Henning <David.Henning () hughes com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:05:59 -0400

Since this is for a website, have you checked some of the web application firewalls like WebDefend?  It does learning
and I think has a threshold to alert for new session spikes, etc.  It installs either in-line or not in-line but with
extra ports available to send RST to both ends, etc.

David Henning, CISSP, GCPM
Hughes Network Systems, LLC
Principal Security Analyst
301-428-5533