IDS mailing list archives

Re: statistical Data Tools??? Can you recommend me some one, please !!!

From: Maggi Federico <federico.maggi () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 14:57:55 -0800

On Jan 28, 2009, at 9:00 AM, saintarmin () hotmail com wrote:

Could you recommend me some tools for Statistical Data?

For the purpose of calculating statistical indexes such as trends, covariance, and other indicators, I always use GNU R

  * http://www.r-project.org/

It's not a security-related tool but it is definitively a must for any kind of statistical analysis.

I have some sensors in my network and I want to obtain more statistical information about everything.

Do you have something specific in mind? "statistical information" is rather vague, maybe if you know, specifically, which indexes/variables you want to monitor/calculate, you'll easily find a proper tool.

Cheers,

--Federico