IDS mailing list archives

Re: ROI on IDS/IPS products

From: sant-bar () dsv su se
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 19:07:40 +0000

What about a risk-based approach for justifying a security investment?

Even in cases when a quantitative risk assessment approach is not possible I find qualitative approach (if effective)
can be good enough.

Any thoughts?

It is quite weird for me to see that a telecom is not mature enough vis-a-vis security. Personally I worked for one
back in 2004 and I think it was quite ahead at the time.

Cheers,

Santiago