IDS mailing list archives

Re: AW: IPS - Cisco vs. McAfee vs. Tippingpoint

From: Seth Hall <hall.692 () osu edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 21:21:33 -0400

On Aug 11, 2009, at 4:43 AM, Daniel, Akos wrote:

That makes our life hard, for one question we have got ~12 Solution from different Manufacturers. As I see, it is not easy to choose 'the best solution', there is too much good idea from different manufacturers on the market and the key benefits of a product differ at each unique Customer/User.
Snort
http://www.snort.org/

Since Snort's included on that list, lets go ahead and make it 13. http://www.bro-ids.org/ :)

  .Seth

---
Seth Hall
Network Security - Office of the CIO
The Ohio State University
Phone: 614-292-9721

Securing Your Online Data Transfer with SSL.
A guide to understanding SSL certificates, how they operate and their application. By making use of an SSL certificate
on your web server, you can securely collect sensitive information online, and increase business by giving your
customers confidence that their transactions are safe.
http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;5001;25;1371;0;1;946;9a80e04e1a17f194