IDS mailing list archives

RE: Excluding the bulk of UDP from IPS processing - What's the impact?

From: "Addepalli Srini-B22160" <saddepalli () freescale com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:42:02 -0700

I guess the question you are pondering on whether to send dynamic data
connection traffic (RTP in case of SIP, L2TP data connections) to IPS
for inspection.

I would say YES. I don't have the list, but as recent as June/July of
this year, I saw vulnerability disclosures in some RTP implementations.

Thanks
Srini

Srinivasa Rao Addepalli
Chief Software Architect