IDS mailing list archives

Re: Signature for CVE ID: CVE-2008-1151 (CISCO PPTP memory leak - DoS)

From: "Secure Scorp" <securescorp () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 08:54:40 +0530

( Appending my earlier email to this thread for ref.)

Srini,

An attacker would not need to craft or have mention of (the vulnerable
Cisco IOS code) 'version 12.3' into the PPTP packet. Also, if there is
non-Cisco deployment for PPTP, you don't even have to worry about
adding signature to IPS/IDS as this vulnerability affects only Cisco
IOS.

Thanks
Aditya Mukadam