IDS mailing list archives

Re: Network IPS Market versus UTM

From: "Mark Teicher" <mark.teicher () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 13:52:37 -0500

I disagree, UTMs usually contain stripped down version or streamlined
version of full blown commercial off the shelf applications.  It has
the least of all worlds and may not function correctly when all
functions are enabled, or one function may work better than another.

The term 'UTM' has been replaced by 'MFS' - Multi-Function Security