IDS mailing list archives

OSSEC v1.2 released

From: Daniel Cid <danielcid () yahoo com br>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 12:18:08 -0300 (ART)

We are pleased to announce the availability of OSSEC
version 1.2.

OSSEC is an Open Source Host-based Intrusion Detection
System. It performs log analysis, file integrity
checking, Windows registry monitoring, rootkit
detection, real-time alerting and active response.

It runs on most operating systems, including Linux,
OpenBSD, FreeBSD, MacOS, Solaris and Windows.

This new version comes with lots of new features,
including:

 * Support for OpenBSD PF logs.
 * Support for compiled (c-based) decoders.
 * New options for composite rules.
 * Additional granular e-mail options:
   http://www.ossec.net/dcid/?p=75
 * Option of SMS format in the e-mail output.
 * Support for Zeus WebServer logs.
 * Support for daily/chained checksum of alert logs:

http://www.ossec.net/wiki/index.php/Know_How:LogSign

We also completed a large re-design of the internal
architecture of analysisd (ossec process responsible
for decoding and analysis), greatly improving
performance and organization.

More information at:
http://www.ossec.net/wiki/index.php/News

Changelog:
http://www.ossec.net/announcements/v1.2-2007-05-16.txt

Download the new version:
http://www.ossec.net/en/downloads.html

Thanks,

--
Daniel B. Cid
dcid ( at ) ossec.net

Fale com seus amigos  de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.coresecurity.com/index.php5?module=Form&action=impact&campaign=intro_sfw
to learn more.