IDS mailing list archives

RE: login attempt admin/password

From: "Bill Lavalette" <blavalet () homenet-security com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:05:36 -0500

A) do you have a Netgear router?
B) If so is the default password still on the router

If answer = no for A) or B) you do not have a threat from what I can see..

Additionally If you see this sig in your logs it could be from attempts on
the router if you have one. or it could be someone scanning for such router
in either case if you do not have this device on your network I would not
worry about it.

Kind Regards,

Bill

====== HomeNet Security ========
Bill Lavalette -- Network Security Officer
CCSA-CCSE
Crisis Migitator
ID Theft Prevention Mentor
WWW http://www.homenet-security.com