IDS mailing list archives

Re: McAfee IDS signature writing

From: "Mark Senior" <senatorfrog () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 09:51:06 -0600

Hello all

Thanks to everyone for the many responses I got.

I should perhaps have given a bit more information - I am using a UDS
for this; So far I have a signature that looks in HTTP responses,
looking in text files only (as far as I can tell, TEXT/HTML,
TEXT/Javascript, TEXT/Plain, etc.), for a Javascript snippet.

However, the signature has a few hiccups which I'm trying to work out.

I now have a case open with McAfee on this - I hadn't realized that
McAfee would offer assistance in this case.

Regards
Mark