IDS mailing list archives

IDS/IPS evaluation (was Re: IDS Security Metris)

From: Tremaine Lea <tlea () ddiction com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 08:15:27 -0600

Here's one for the crowd. I would imagine any number of folks on the IDS list have had to evaluate an IDS/IPS for their company. Has anyone ever considered publishing their findings in here (perhaps in a sanitized format) to share their experience? I suspect it would be more than a bit useful for newcomers, and might save others from re- evaluating the same things or give them a good starting point if they have to evaluate one themselves.

Cheers,

---

Tremaine Lea
Network Security Consultant

Be in pursuit of equality, but not at the expense of excellence.

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT. Go to http://www.coresecurity.com/index.php5?module=Form&action=impact&campaign=intro_sfw to learn more.