IDS mailing list archives

Re: New Azwalaro project, is a French Open Source Nids project

From: s.zanero () securenetwork it
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:58:10 +0200

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 08:31:35 -0500
 Eric Hines <eric.hines () appliedwatch com> wrote:
I'm actually quite saddened that a few of you decided to sling mud at this gentleman for announcing his new open source NIDS

Please, re-read my message paying closer attention, and you will see, besides the kudos, the core reason why the project is doomed if it goes on in the current direction (namely, wrong library choice), and the reasons why it has no real advantage (as of now) over current projects.

Once again: improving an existing codebase, or at least going in a NEW direction, starting from SOLID basis, leads to innovation. Getting it wrong at the beginning leads to a waste of resources and enthusiasm which is a shameful thing to waste.

Best,
Stefano Zanero

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?