IDS mailing list archives

Evaluation of IDS/IPS

From: markOne <mkazmierski () o2 pl>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:16:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I have seen that it is very popular topic here, but even though I would like
to get some extra information (i.e. especially research papers, links to
research group, etc.).

I am wondering:
- is there one common framework (something like kddCup,darpa/mit,etc.) which
is currently being used in testing openSource/commercial IDS/IPS systems?
- have already anyone made such comparison (i.e. between different IDS/IPS
showing their advantages & disadvantages)??
- do you know any good scientific way (for me the best would be some links
to research papers) of preparing such data sets?? I just want to get to know
how I could create my own datasets which would be somehow representative and
which can be used to check if new ideas are better than the old one or not
:).

Would be grateful for any detailed information...

Regards, mark