IDS mailing list archives

RE: Scan for "outsider" Pcs on network

From: "Robert D. Holtz - Lists" <robert.d.holtz () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:17:39 -0500

If security is paramount then you would want to setup your switching fabric
to perform MAC based restrictions by port.  This is one of the best ways of
making sure you know what's hooked up.  Anyone just trying to hook up to a
port will get nowhere.

Of course, this doesn't prevent someone from going up to a machine that's
already allowed on the 'net and doing what ever they please.