IDS mailing list archives

Tipping Point question

From: Becca Kastl <becca.kastl () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 16:20:56 -0700

I'm looking for some information and hopefully documentation regarding Tipping Point devices (400 series) and 802.1q.

I currently have a Tipping Point 400 device tapped to an 802.1q trunk from a Cisco 3750 switch with multiple DMZ/VLANs. The configuration is supposed to have been validated as legit, but the older documentation did not identify the link type from the Cisco switch. But we still can't validate that the TP device is seeing the actual IP traffic and not the " 802.1q gobbledeygook."

I have tried to contact Tippint Point, but without support contract information I haven't been able to get much. I've searched Tipping Point's site and the only information I can find regarding 802.1q (or "trunking" or "LACP") is in regards to the X505--nothing on the 400. Likewise, googling doesn't turn up much and none of my primary contacts have been able to definitively respond to the question. At the moment, I'm operating off the default assumption that if it isn't explicitly stated, then it isn't supported.

Thanks in advance for any information that anyone can provide.

--
Becca Kastl

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?