IDS mailing list archives

BASE 1.2.5 (sarah) released

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 14:39:06 -0400

The BASE project team is proud to announce that we have released 1.2.5 (sarah). It has been almost three months since the last release and in that time the project team has grown. We welcome Jon Hart to the team and he has already shown what a great contributer he can be. One difference with this release is that Kevin's daughter (sarah) is due to be born tomorrow so if you need support please contact the developers list or post a report on the SF.net page.
Kevin will be checking email but it will be sporadic for a week or so.

Now on to the changes. One of the main things in this release is a security fix that was announced by Milw0rm. This release solves the problem they found. Two things that the development team would like to point out. First, we would appreciate it if people at least tried to contact us before announcing these things. We do respond and try to fix things as soon as we can. Second, this security hole only affects you if you are running with globals registered. If you are doing that then you have a ton of other problems and we recommend that you turn it off
immediately!

We have also updated and improved our support for the FLoP system. A lot of fixes went into the setup system and we did a ton of changes to prevent further XSS and SQL injection attacks. The Chinese language file was updated. We also fixed a number of bugs and some of the issues with searching. We also improved our handling of ICMP messages. For full details of all of the changes, please read the CHANGELOG.

As with all of our releases, BASE 1.2.5 (sarah) is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/secureideas

If you have any comments or problems regarding BASE and this release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks
Kevin Johnson and the BASE project team

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?