IDS mailing list archives

Version 0.9 of OSSEC available.

From: Daniel Cid <danielcid () yahoo com br>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 01:26:24 -0300 (ART)

OSSEC HIDS is an Open Source Host-based Intrusion
Detection System. It performs log analysis, integrity
checking, rootkit detection, time-based alerting and
active response. It runs on most operating systems,
including Linux, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Solaris and
Windows.

This new release comes with numerous new features,
including active response for PF, policy-based rules
(based on time and dates), scripted installs and new
rules for horde imp, solaris ftpd, vsftpd, samba,
telnet, pam and nmap output files.

In addition to that, the Windows agent was heavily
improved, with multiple bug fixes and the inclusion of
integrity checking (syscheck ported to windows).

We also have our translations completed to French,
Russian and Japanese (besides Portuguese, Polish,
German, Turkish and Italian).

Full changelog:
http://www.ossec.net/announcements/v09-2006-07-25.txt

To download the new version:
http://www.ossec.net/en/downloads.html

More information at:
http://www.ossec.net

Thanks,

--
Daniel B. Cid
dcid ( at ) ossec.net

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale
o discador agora!
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.