IDS mailing list archives

Re: Re: ISS - virtual patching

From: "David Maynor" <dmaynor () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 09:31:51 -0400

The X-Force decides if the signature should be a blocking or an audit
signature. The decsion is based on a number of things like the
confindence in the signature, known evasion techniques (if there are
any the signature will be reworked), and from the analysis of the
X-Force Advanced R&D team.

Disclaimer: Once upon a time I was in the X-Force AR&D team.