IDS mailing list archives

Re: Sources for IP geolocation data

From: Jose Nazario <jose () monkey org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:30:57 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, NetSecGuy wrote:

I've been looking for sources of ip geolocation data.  I've found a
couple of lists that I can easily use in programs I've written and are
updated regularly.  Does anyone have any others?

MaxMind has a commercial (low cost) tool which has up to fine-grained
details.

ntop has a module called "p2c" that can be used to go from prefix to
country codes, based on routing registry information.

________
jose nazario, ph.d.                     jose () monkey org
http://monkey.org/~jose/                http://infosecdaily.net/
                                        http://www.wormblog.com/

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.