IDS mailing list archives

Re: Denial of Service: Commercial Defense products

From: "Securesolutions" <securesolutions () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:27:12 -0000

Hi

Thanks for the info on this DDoS mechanisms.
It is very basic inmy opinion.

Some DDoS tools will certainly be picked up by this mechanism especially the more popular attack tools.

However I believe it is easily possible to spoof sources in a random order and vary alll these fields so that no pattern arises and nothing can accurately be blocked.
Or worse still to cause yourself a DoS

If someone wants to take you offline then they can easily modify existing tools if they know a bit of C programming and get past a solution based on this.
Do i understand this correctly ?

Thanks
/Mick

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kyle Quest" <Kyle.Quest () networkengines com>