IDS mailing list archives

Re: WMF and IPS products?

From: Pukhraj Singh <pukhraj.singh () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 00:10:43 +0530

I think many vendors are providing impressive solutions to guard
against WMF vulnerability.

But check out this interesting offering by Third Brigade Inc. They are
providing freely downloadable, standalone HIPS distribution which
specifically claims to guard against WMF vulnerability. I installed it
and tested it against public exploits. It works well and normalized
the network traffic, it also seems to have a Ilfak-style local patch.

http://www.thirdbrigade.com/company/Media/pressrelease/01052006.html

Thanks,
Pukhraj