IDS mailing list archives

IPS Bad Experiences - mini survey

From: Mike Smith <geek_brigades () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 14:44:20 -0800 (PST)

Could you please share some of your BAD experiences
with IPS products. I am speaking mainly about hardware
failures, crashes, page memory faults, devices acting
up, but you can also add to this list some other stuff
such as low quality or slow technical support,
implementation or maintenance problems, bad
signatures. You can be creative here.

On my side, I know from one of our clients that they
have had some problems with TippingPoint devices after
they were bought by 3Com. Another person complained
about the management of the underlying MS SQL DB used
by ISS and the high administration and maintenance
overhead required by this system.

Thanks,
Mike