IDS mailing list archives

Re: A Neural Network to detect polymorphic shellcodes

From: "Jason Muskat, GCUX, VE3TSJ" <Jason () TechDude Ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 23:34:45 -0400

Hello,

I originally created a tool that identified HTTP attacks using finite state
machines and Forward Analysis. In later versions, I had incorporated fuzzy
HTTP request analysis.

Look for strings and evasions. In this case fuzz shell names, exec*() calls
and APIs, kernel execution gates (Linux and such), and such.

Regards,

--
Jason Muskat  | GCUX - de VE3TSJ

http://TechDude.Ca/