IDS mailing list archives

Re: syslogs for windows

From: "Kurt Buff" <kurt.buff () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:59:21 -0700

I use the Kiwi product - paid a minimal amount for the amazingly good
job it does.

Comes time to implement again, I'll use it again.

Kurt

On 4/27/06, Felipe Kaufmann <felipe.kaufmann () unifr ch> wrote:
Hi there,

I'm in need of a syslog server running on Windows, in order to gather
syslog messages from UNIX hosts. I also want to parse those messages
with some kind of rule system and, if necessary, forward critical
messages so in the end I get kind of a log file based little IDS.
I've looked at different commercial products like Kiwi Syslog,
Winsyslog and Sl4NT. They all look good so far and seem to fit the
requirements more or less, so I was wondering if anyone has alaready
some experience with those products, recommendations or suggestions
for other alternatives!

thanks in advance for any hints,
fk

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.