IDS mailing list archives

RE: RE: Which is the most widely deployed commercial IPS

From: "Alan Shimel" <ashimel () stillsecure com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:03:40 -0400

I think your mistake is you are confusing a consumer version, dumb downed
IPS (host based, not network) with a commercial network IPS.  Apples and
Oranges.  Look at the signature bases for example.

alan

StillSecure
Alan Shimel
Chief Strategy Officer

O 303.381.3815
C 516.857.7409
F 303.381.3881
email ashimel () stillsecure com
blog http://ashimmy.typepad.com

www.stillsecure.com
to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential material.
Review or other use of this information by persons other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. If you've received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete
from any computer.