IDS mailing list archives

Re: Tippingpoint

From: Ramon Kagan <rkagan () yorku ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:18:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

We have a TP 2400.  It all depends on what you are looking for.

Low latency -  superb
Ability to write your own signature - not that great, it limits you
UI - not that great, not overly intuitive
Reporting - not that great, slow, generally uncompromising, not as customizable as some may want
Updates from the vendor - above average

For a large environment like we have (1 GB duplex pipe to the Internet) latency was a large factor in our decision. But if you are smaller than that, and latency tolerance is a bit looser you'll have lots of options.

Ramon Kagan, GCIA
York University, Computing and Network Services
Information Security  -  Senior Information Security Analyst
(416)736-2100 #20263
rkagan () yorku ca

I have not failed.  I have just        I don't know the secret to success,
found 10,000 ways that don't work.     but the secret to failure is
                                       trying to please everybody.
        - Thomas Edison                         - Bill Cosby