IDS mailing list archives

Re: snort & prelude-manager

From: Olaf Gellert <og () pre-secure de>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:54:04 +0200

viktorija wrote:
Hello,

can somebody help me with configuration subject? I have snort installed with ACID. It is good. But i like to try
snort with manager-prelude and i can't find any good documention, howto, manuals about this theme (installation &
configuration). Maybe someone can provide me some links? It would be very nice.

Ok, Snort (2.4) has Prelude-Support built in, so
no problem. Use "./configure --enable-prelude" to
enable the prelude-support, additionally you
might have to provide the argument

--with-libprelude-prefix=/path/to/prelude/prefix

After compiling you need to couple sensor and
manager, this is described in

https://trac.prelude-ids.org/wiki/RegisteringASensor

You might find more useful documentation on

https://trac.prelude-ids.org/

Hope this helps, cheers, Olaf

--
Dipl.Inform. Olaf Gellert                  PRESECURE (R)
Senior Researcher,                       Consulting GmbH

                        A daily view on Internet Attacks
                        https://www.ecsirt.net/sensornet

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.