IDS mailing list archives

Re: Auto-sensing for IPS devices

From: "Sap ." <0xsapx0 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:14:15 -0700

Auto-Negotiation is essential in larger networks. When you are talking
about 1000's of switch ports and PC's connecting/disconnecting
constantly (think public campus) how could you ever enforce a rule
like "OK, Set your NIC to 100/Full before you connect".

However for servers I believe it is a best practice to manually set
the ports at whatever they need to be.

Sap