IDS mailing list archives

Re: New to Snort !!!

From: Joel Esler <eslerj () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 12:14:06 -0500

What's your questions?

Snort should be placed on your outer-most network device on a "SPAN"
or "Mirrored" port.

Snort should be installed on a Linux platform.  The Windows version
(as far as I know) tends to drop more packets.  Maybe someone can
correct me.

A better place to submit your questions is on the snort-users listserv..

Look it up at www.snort.org

Joel