IDS mailing list archives

RE: IDS ISS

From: Siddharth Phadnis <sphadnis () clear-trail com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 17:45:37 +0530

Hi,
 You can deploy ISS software on one single box. You will require to have ISS RealSecure console (management console)
installed with ISS sensor installed on the same machine. The one things that bugs me about installing ISS is the usage
of MSDE or MS-SQL though. Why cant ISS port their RealSecure  on open OSs is beyond me.
 The Alers can be viewed on RealSecure console or depends on how u configure them.

 HTH,
 Siddharth