IDS mailing list archives

Re: CiscoWorks VMS and CSA Migration

From: Jason Ostrom <jpo () pobox com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:45:00 -0500

So you need to migrate the CSAgents to being registered to the new CSA MC.

You basically need to rebuild VMS and CSA MC on a new machine, export the entire CSA MC DB from old machine, and import it into the new machine.

The CSAgents have SSL certificate dependencies in registering to the CSA MC, so you need to ensure that your certificate and IP address is consistent on the new machine - that it replaces the old one. Once the IP address and SSL certificates have been replaced from old machine to new, the CSAgents will register to new machine. Make sure that you have properly planned the cutover for making changes to your policies.

Jason Ostrom

Dante Mercurio wrote:

I have a CiscoWorks VMS 2.2 install on a legacy server that manages a
number of CSA clients. I would like to install 2.3 on a new server, but
am unsure how to go about the transition.
Anybody with real world experience moving the clients to a new
management server?

Any migration documents or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
M. Dante Mercurio, CISSP, CWNA, Security+, SCSP

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT. Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708 to learn more.