IDS mailing list archives

Re: Intrushield vs. ISS once more... [documentation pointer]

From: Andre Ludwig <andre.ludwig () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 23:09:36 -0500

last i checked on the new proventia appliances if you set log evidence
and log with raw it should send the packet data to the management
console. Thus allowing you to view the packet when you view event
details.. (so i was told)...

Other then that it will store the files in a file on the sensor (which
you then have to scp to a box with ethereal or tcpdump).

PITA, would be nice to see ISS integrate this into siteprotector allot
better.. (ala sourcefire)

makes verification of an attack a helluva allot simpler..