IDS mailing list archives

RE: eEye Blink and other Endpoint IPS solutions.

From: "Billy Dodson" <billy () pmicromart com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:18:58 -0500

Mina,

I work with Cisco Security Agent on a daily basis.  I have yet to find
any significant performance issues.  PC's today are so fast that the
processor utilization of such software is not noticeable.  If you are
talking older sub GHz machines, this may be a different story.  Network
intrusion prevention\detection does not keep your users from downloading
viruses nor does it prevent the threat of internal attacks.  I have
personally seen CSA stop 0 day viruses in my network.  Since CSA is
behavioral based, not signature based like NIDS or NIPS, it prevents
known and unknown threats.  You should look into it.  I have not
personally used Blink, I have used some of Eeye's other products and
have no complaints.  But I have had customers demo both Blink and CSA
side by side, and they ended up purchasing CSA.

Billy