IDS mailing list archives

RE: generating a network map

From: "Raffael Marty" <raffy () raffy ch>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:00:23 -0400 (EDT)

Given that you'll now have a OS to IP map of the
network, you in essence have a non-visual network
topology. If pictures are important, you could
manually construct the network diagram or write a
PERL script to do it for you (as per the suggestion
from Nathan Einwechter). Sounds almost like a new
spin on Cheops...

If this is what you want, I am working on a tool called AfterGlow that =
takes csv input and visualizes it. Along with the tool I also released a =
tcpdump parser that lets you process a pcap file and generate a graph =
from it. I am going to give a talk at DefCon this year about what you =
can do with the tool and how to use it...=20

I am currently updating the tool, but check the cvs for the latest =
release (afterglow.sourceforge.net).

  -raffy

--
  Raffael Marty, GCIA, CISSP                     raffael.marty () arcsight com
  Senior Security Engineer                     Content Team @ ArcSight Inc.

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from
CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.