IDS mailing list archives

RE: IDS\IPS that can handle one Gig

From: "Peter Schawacker" <ps () tenablesecurity com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 10:41:04 -0700

Hiya Andrew,

I always enjoy reading your posts.  Thanks for replying to mine.  I've
answered some of your comments inline below.

I would be remiss if I were not to warn readers that (here comes the
"full-disclosure" statement...) I used to pimp IPS and VM for a certain
company and that I now pimp VM, SIM and related technologies for a different
one.

This is a really important conversation, the IPS/VM balance problem.  Let's
keep it going.  Having worked with both, I for one would like to get more
thoughts about the relationship between IPS and VM out on the table.

Cheers,