IDS mailing list archives

Re: IDS for Unix

From: Stef <stefmit () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:52:49 -0500

1. The Snort rules are the same for Windows, as they for UNIX, so the
GUI is not helpful there. You are confusing the GUI access to
configuration, with rules ... and configuration is simple, anyway.
2. There is nothing easier to learn (and to understand) than what you
have access to the source of (hint, hint) ...
3. If you plan to run an IDS with
"point-and-click-drag-and-drop-I-do-not-know-what-the-hell-is-behind-it",
then I'd rather suggest you looking into other areas of this
ever-expanding wonderful world of computing ...

Stef