IDS mailing list archives

RE: CISCOs new IPS

From: "Gary Halleen (ghalleen)" <ghalleen () cisco com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 18:00:54 -0800

Actually, that's not quite correct, Billy?

Cisco IPS 5.0 is just around the corner, and is a full-fledged
appliance-based IPS product.  It will support various drop actions, as well
as traffic normalization and antivirus/antiworm.

The IOS IPS you're referencing is a subset of what will be available in IPS
5.0.

Gary