IDS mailing list archives

Re: Firewall-fooling techniques

From: Jose Maria Lopez <jkerouac () bgsec com>
Date: 24 Jan 2005 22:07:56 +0100

El dom, 23 de 01 de 2005 a las 23:05, Göran Sandahl escribió:
Hi.

I'm looking for some basic information on "techniques" on "fooling" firewalls
and IDSs. Like using fragmented packages to fool packet-filtering firewalls
etc.. Any suggestions on such techniques, and perhaps some references to
online litterature.. ?

Greatful for an reply!

Regards
Göran

You can use tools like fragrouter, nmap, hping2,
nessus (it has a mode to frag packets) and nikto.
This tools can help you to stress your firewall.

Regards.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC

like fabulous yellow Roman candles.
                -- Jack Kerouac, "On the Road"

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from
CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.