IDS mailing list archives

RE: High availability design of NIDS

From: "Gary Halleen" <ghalleen () cisco com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:10:40 -0800

Cisco sensors support etherchannel load-balancing.  In this scenario, all
IDS traffic would automatically be load-balanced to your sensors.  If a
hardware or software issue caused a sensor to fail, then that sensor would
drop out of the etherchannel group and all traffic would be sent to the
remaining sensor(s).

Gary