IDS mailing list archives

Re: Snort rules setup.

From: Joel Esler <eslerj () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 17:50:29 -0500

I suggest that you don't threshold these alerts. If you don't want to see them at all, suppress them.

These are not "Errors", they are alerts of an Open Port Detection through the sfportscan preprocessor. Check out the documentation on both the preprocessor and Suppression in the Snort manual.

You also might want to check out the Snort-Users list.

Joel