IDS mailing list archives

RE: Remote IDS Testing

From: "Schupp, Hank" <Hank.Schupp () mantech-ist com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:18:25 -0500

Am trying to determine a method to transmit PCAP files with
(measurable?)
fragmentation.

I have sets of captures now for various protocols (IM, EMAIL, HTTP, etc)
and wish to transmit them in a fragmented format to test the ability of
an
analysis tool to properly defragment and rebuild the sessions.
Optimally,
I'd like to be able to set a fragmentation percentage and replay a set
of
pcap files to gauge the failure point.  Out-of-order packet generation
in the same tool would just be a big plus!

Any thoughts?  Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Whether possible solutions are open source, commercial, or a mix-  I'd
love
to hear about it.  Thanks much

Regards,

   Henry "Hank" Schupp
   hank.schupp @ <at> gmail.com

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.