IDS mailing list archives

Re: RE : Denial of Service: Commercial Defense products

From: Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () cisco com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:32:35 -0800

Arobr Peakflow/X is a NetFlow-based behavioral anomaly-detection system; it models communications relationships, and generates anomalies when odd/disallowed communications relationships are established. I've played with it in the lab, but not used it in production as I have Arbor Peakflow SP; it's an interesting product, with the potential to detect compromised hosts which aren't performing explicitly hostile actions such as launching DDoS attacks or mass spamming, but that are scanning more more hosts to compromise, communicating with botnet controllers, etc.